WHO PAYS FOR WHAT FOR THE LUXURY WEDDING?
The standard and most common responsibility-payments of a luxury wedding to achieve a perfect ceremony.
Wedding traditions involve several types of rituals, gifts, and other costs that are not always tied to the couple itself but to friends and family who want to help the newlyweds have a dream wedding without going bankrupt. If you’re considering having a luxury wedding there are a few things that have been normalized to be paid by other people and certain others that are expected to be paid by specific persons inside the couple’s inner circle.
The engagement party, reception, rehearsal dinner, the rings, and many other important things that assemble a wedding have been traditional expenses divided between the bride’s and groom’s family, the couple itself as well as attendants on their own to pay. But who really pays for what for the luxury wedding? Find out reading this detailed list below.
Bride + Family
The bride is typically expected to pay for:
- The groom’s ring
- Gifts for the bridesmaids and their luncheon
- Gift for the groom.
Her family is normally in charge of:
- The engagement party
- Ceremony and reception venue
- Wedding invitations and other announcements, such as thank-you notes
- Wedding gown and accessories
- Services of the wedding planner
- Flowers, videography, photography, and music for the celebration
- Transportation from the bridal party to the ceremony and reception
- The family’s wedding attire
Groom + Family
The groom has traditionally been known for paying:
- The bride’s ring
- Bride’s wedding gift
- Gift for parents
- The marriage license
- Officiant’s fee
- Personal flowers for the bride, bridesmaids, mothers, and such.
- Gift for the groomsmen
- Honeymoon and transportation for such
His family is expected to pay for:
- The engagement party
- Rehearsal dinner
- Their own wedding attire
The wedding guests also have certain payment responsibilities such as paying for:
- The bachelor and bachelorettes parties
- Wedding attire and accessories
- Gifts for the couple (individual or together)
- Transportation to and from the wedding city
Times change and with it the supposed expenses certain groups are expected to pay for. These guidelines are just the standard form of a wedding which have been a tradition for many years. Each couple has the total freedom of following the list followed above and will totally be based on their budget, wedding capacity, family income, and many more factors.
Whatever expense division you choose doesn’t matter, what is important is to plan a dream wedding you and your partner are happy to have and is true to your taste and likings. The greatest feeling comes with spending your most special day with the people you love and care about the most.