HOW TO DECIDE IF A BAND OR DJ IS THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR YOUR LUXURIOUS DESTINATION WEDDING
One of the essential elements when it comes to planning your wedding is the choice of music. Music sets the tone of your reception, and you must make the right choice to keep your guest entertained and make your day as memorable as possible.
Now, if you are caught between choosing a band or DJ for your reception, here are a few pointers on how to choose the best option for your luxurious destination wedding.
FACTORS TO CONSIDER
Your wedding theme is the first thing you will need to consider before making a decision. Traditionally, luxurious weddings are associated with a more classic vibe. If you want a black-tie or royalty-inspired luxury wedding, you might want to go for a classy string quartet. On the other hand, if you are going with a typical Spanish luxury wedding, you might have to hire a local mariachi group. But if you are going with a modern luxury wedding theme, a band might be more appropriate.
Your budget is equally a factor you need to consider. DJs usually cost less than bands, and the prices of either will depend on the size of their equipment and the day of the week you will have them perform. Bands on the other hand, are pricier. They either charge per number of musicians, per hour, and, based on the weekday or time of the year, you will be hiring them.
The variety of your playlist can also direct your choice. You want your wedding to be as lively as possible. As such, whether band or DJ, they should be able to play a variety of both old and new songs that will get your guest swinging.
Finally, you will need to check if the size of your venue can accommodate the number of musicians and the size of equipment of your music choice. Ensure there are no restrictions per the number of musicians allowed, the volume music should be played at or enough power supply.
PROS AND CONS OF A BAND
- Having a live band perform at your wedding creates a unique experience for you and your guest and adds a note of sophistication to the event. Which is what you should look for in a luxurious wedding.
- A good bandleader can seek personal contact with your audience to gauge the mood to adapt the song choice accordingly.
- Live bands come with more versatility in terms of engaging your guest. They can improvise from solos to guitar or horn sections. Your guests will be hooked to the live performance.
- Bands are more expensive.
- They have less variety than DJs.
- Chances are, you will not get to listen to original versions of your favorite songs.
PROS AND CONS OF A DJ
- DJs take up less space and are less costly, and come with a wide variety of music mixes that will suit all age ranges present at your wedding.
- A DJ with good emcee skills will be able to move your guests to the dancefloor with ease and get your guest to sing along to keep this going.
- If you have prepared a list of songs you wish to listen to, your DJs will find no problem finding and playing their original versions.
- A DJ who doesn’t have a keen eye for what is going on around him might lag when improvisations are needed.
- One with a dull personality may be a show stopper
Now that you know everything about choosing the right music entertainment option for your wedding, you can go ahead and inform your wedding planner on what will suit your luxurious destination wedding. However, do not forget to ask them for video samples of previous performances to be sure they match your requirement. Also, make sure you outline what you expect for your wedding to be perfect.