5 WAYS TO HAVE A CHARITABLE DESTINATION WEDDING
Times and trends have changed, and many couples are deciding to have a charitable destination wedding.
Here are 5 great ways to incorporate charity into your big day:
1. Register for donations or charitable gifts
- Instead of registering for tangible items, ask guests to donate to a charity of your choice.
- Register on The Knot Gifts Back. For each qualified gift purchased off your registry on The Knot, they’ll donate up to 3% to the charity of your choice (at no extra cost to you or your guests).
- Create a registry with a charitable company such as The Little Market, which sells handmade, fair trade products created by artisans around the world.
- Make an amazon.com registry and ask guests to purchase via AmazonSmile. When you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice.
2. Give a charitable wedding favor
Instead of spending money on wedding favors for your guests, make a donation on their behalf. Give your guests the gift of a “Something Blue” charity wedding favor card from the non-profit UNICEF. With the purchase of a card, you will provide life-saving and life-changing supplies for children in danger. Go the extra mile and handwrite a personal message to each guest inside. You can also order UNICEF “Regalo Azul” wedding favor cards in Spanish.
3. Donate your flowers
The day after your wedding, re-use your flowers by donating them to a local nursing home or hospital.
4. Host volunteer events before or after your destination wedding
Get your bridal party, family and friends together for a charitable activity near your destination wedding venue.
5. Work with charitable vendors
Look for vendors that give back to their community in the form of donations or volunteer work.
From all of us at Spain4Weddings.com, we’d like to thank you for having a charitable destination wedding!
[RELATED READING: HOW TO INCORPORATE DIFFERENT CULTURES IN A DESTINATION WEDDING]