YOUR ULTIMATE DESTINATION WEDDING-PLANNING TIMELINE
A destination wedding has its charm; however, it often comes with challenges regarding wedding planning and time management.This step-by-step wedding timeline will help you to plan efficiently for your big day without getting panicked over stressful factors.
12 Months Prior to Wedding
- Prepare a wedding binder to write all the wedding related ideas.
- Create a budget for the wedding and choose an insurance plan to secure the planned budget.
- Prepare a guest list according to your budget. Ask the guests if they want to travel for your destination wedding, so to have an idea on the final count of the people attending the wedding.
- Hire a destination wedding planner for a better understanding of the wedding locations.
11 Months Prior to Wedding
- Research the location for its distance from airport, the weather, and pricing fluctuations carefully before booking it.
- Check the accommodation requirements for our guests.
- Settle on a date for your wedding day
10 Months Prior to Wedding
- Meet with wedding professionals who have been to your selected location before.
- Start planning for the travel arrangements for the wedding destination.
9 Months Prior to Wedding
- Research about any legal requirements and policies that are required to be fulfilled for getting married in the desired location.
- Finalize the attendants of the wedding and pre-book the lodging accommodation for them.
- Make plans for tours or activities for the wedding attendants if pertinent.
- Start executing the travel arrangement plan.
8 Months Prior to Wedding
- Register for the wedding gifts if pertinent
- Determine the theme of the wedding and style of the décor
- Plan about the style of the invitation cards and other wedding stationeries.
7 Months Prior to Wedding
- Start shopping for the dresses according to the weather and style of the selected wedding destination.
- Order the wedding dresses and choose themes for the bridesmaids and the best man.
- Purchase the wedding rings.
6 Months Prior to Wedding
- Finalize the wedding cake, floral theme, décor style, and the transportation arrangements. Contact the vendors for details.
- Go through the planner and buy any necessary items for the wedding day
5 Months Prior to Wedding
- Purchase any gift for your husband-to-be/wife-to-be.
- Purchase the gifts for your parents and the guests.
4 Months Prior to Wedding
- Finalize the wedding invitations and wind up the mailing procedure.
- Re-confirm with your guests regarding their presence in the wedding.
3 Months Prior to Wedding
- Check with the wedding budget and update it if required
- Review the contracts you have made with the wedding planner and other vendors.
- Make your guests familiar with the arrival times.
2 Months Prior to Wedding
- Contact the guests who haven’t responded to your confirmation mails.
- Create a seating plan for the guests.
1 Month Prior to Wedding
- Wrap up the itineraries for the wedding day.
- Confirm the arrangements with the hotel.
- Release the rooms booked for the guests who have not responded.
2 Weeks Prior to Wedding
- Check in with the vendors for the final confirmation of the details.
- Set up meetings with the banquet manager.
- Go over the details once again.
- Meet the hair dresser and the beautician for confirmation.
The Wedding Day
- Relax and keep yourself hydrated.
- Take assistance from your friends for getting ready.
- Enjoy your big day.