DESTINATION WEDDING COUNTDOWN CALENDAR
Planning a destination wedding is a lot of work. This countdown calendar is just what you need to stay on track and make sure everything is ready in time for your big day!
13 months out
- First, set a budget!
- Then, choose a destination and look into the legalities of getting married there.
10-12 months out
- Choose a date and book the venue.
- Block hotel rooms for guests.
- Hire a wedding planner.
- Finalize your guest list and send save the dates, even if it’s a simple, informational email. You want to make sure your guests have plenty of time make travel arrangements.
- Plan a trip to your destination to meet with vendors.
- Renew your passports and apply for visas (if necessary). Research to see if anything else, like vaccinations, are needed.
- Choose your wedding party.
8-10 months out
- Buy a wedding dress.
- Book vendors (photographer and videographer, caterer and cake, reception entertainment and florist).
- Choose an officiant.
- Register for gifts.
6-8 months out
- Plan and book group activities for your guests for the days before and after your wedding.
- Launch your wedding website.
- Book your honeymoon.
- Pick wedding party attire.
4-6 months out
- Send invitations.
- Shop for wedding rings.
- Book your hair and makeup.
2-4 months out
- Plan your wedding ceremony and write your vows.
- Purchase gifts for your parents, wedding party, spouse and guests.
- Confirm final head count.
1 month out
- Have your final dress fitting (bring your maid of honor so she learns how to bustle your dress).
- Print wedding programs.
- Create in-room welcome bags with local treats for your guests.
- Send a playlist to the DJ or band.
- Check airline policies to see how you can travel with your dress. *Expert tip: Don’t pack your dress or other essential wedding items in your checked baggage!
- Meet with your planner to make sure everything is in order.
- Steam your dress.
- Deliver welcome bags to guest rooms.
Make sure you follow this destination wedding countdown calendar for stress-free and organized planning.
[RELATED READING: YOUR ULTIMATE HONEYMOON CHECKLIST]