YOUR ULTIMATE HONEYMOON CHECKLIST
Your long-awaited honeymoon is here! The moment you’ve dreamt of your whole life.
Honeymoon is one of the most thrilling moments in someone’s life. As a newly married couple, this holiday permits you to have a romantic time with your partner. All you need at this particular point in time is love. To make this moment a memorable one, you should prepare adequately to avoid limitations. Once you’ve chosen your honeymoon destination, make sure to pack accordingly.
However, it is possible to be over-prepared. Carrying many bags will weigh you down. Also, if you take too little, you’ll be found wanting. You might even end up buying what you didn’t plan to buy. Do not worry; we got you covered with this explicit honeymoon checklist. Before you embark on this once-in-a-lifetime journey, there are important matters to handle!
- You need to get someone to take care of your home before you go.
- You need to sort your travel insurance, and, of course, pack your bags.
With this, you are set to go! Here’s a simple honeymoon checklist for new couples.
1. Romantic Extras
Irrespective of the number of days you are going to spend, this is a journey you’ll forever remember. So, plan well ahead of time and make it unique! These are a few things you can pack to spice up your honeymoon;
- A honeymoon playlist with love songs
- Small gifts
- Tealight candles
- Heartfelt love notes
- Massage oils
- A diary to write down sweet memories
Pack clothes and shoes that are both chic and comfortable. Here’s a list of simple clothes you can take along;
- At least one light jacket or sweatshirt for chilly days
- A pair of sandals or flip-flops
- Rain jacket
- A pair of walking shoe
- Bathing suits
- Cold-weather outerwear
3. What you should put in Your handbag
Carry all your essential documents in your bag. These include;
- Copies of all vital travel documents
- Travel insurance documents
- Cash/credit cards
- Emergency contact information
- An emergency change cloth
- Basic Toiletries
4. Toiletries and Safety Items
No couple wants their honeymoon stained by sickness. Though we don’t hope for things like this to happen, you might experience it.
Prepare for unforeseen circumstances by packing a first-aid and safety gear. These items include;
- A first aid kit, antibiotic ointments, and Band-Aids
- Backpack for excursions
- Sunburn and Sunblock treatment
- SPF 15 lip balm
- Face and body lotion
- Sanitary bag containing a toothbrush, toothpaste, sanitary pads, etc.
- Insect repellent
- Hair products
- Shower cap
- Comb and brush
- Contact lenses and solution
- Nail file and clippers
Finally, don’t forget to put everything in order before going. Leave the copy of all your essential documents behind because in case you lose your bag along the way.
Your honeymoon is a special moment in your marital life. Therefore, you need to make sure you make it worth your while.
[RELATED READING: 7 THINGS YOU NEED TO DO AFTER YOU GET MARRIED]