Some of the most beautiful, historic places to get married in Spain
Stop dreaming about your fantasy wedding and make it happen at one of these beautiful historic wedding venues in Spain.
In a country as old as Spain, there’s no shortage of beautiful places to get married that are also rich in history. Whether you want to go the more traditional route or have a ceremony off the beaten path, here are 3 venues in Spain that are guaranteed to take your breath away.
- Mallaui: An elegant wedding venue that has hosted countless brides and grooms since its construction in 1925. Take a step back in time and marvel at the Italian architecture and high ceilings with large picturesque windows. The soul and history of the place is intact, yet the equipment fulfils a luxurious standard. This cozy and secluded venue will make you feel like royalty on your special day.
The place – Somewhat hidden, Mallaui emerges from the middle of the forest like a surprise. Mallaui is not a simple house, nor a simple place. Around the property there is a network of private paths that lead to what are considered some of the most breathtaking beaches in Europe.
Mallaui is a family-owned property, and it has belonged to the same family since its construction, generation after generation. The venue boasts ample rooms, high ceilings, spacious bathrooms with sea views, a gorgeous terrace that dominates an incredible landscape and a large garden with views over the sea and the forest.
- Car parking (250 cars).
- Outdoor area for 400 guests, with sea views.
- 200 m2 of indoor area (for dancing & celebrations in case of bad weather).
- 250 m2 of space for kitchen/catering, etc.
- 2 toilets for guests.
- 1 separate toilet for kitchen/ waitress personnel.
- A separate pine-tree area for extra celebrations.
- Private access to the beach of Cala Turqueta.
- Accommodation at the manor house (of 1500 m 2 ), with capacity of ca. 20 adults (it includes 3h/day of cleaning service).
This is the perfect wedding venue for an elegant wedding hidden away from the world.
A country house located 40 km north of Barcelona, surrounded by forests and gardens. This venue is surrounded by magnificent rolling hills, historic villages and picturesque footpaths, providing you with the perfect setting for your dream wedding. The building itself is a splendid blend of historic and contemporary architecture. Many years ago the owners converted the Can Ribas family home into a space for events. The story began by chance with a family wedding that revealed the farm house’s potential to make an event a magical moment.
“And now, here you are, among all these people that you love, in this field with olive trees that you made yours when you discovered it a few months ago…”
The owners strive to make sure every wedding celebration is unique and decorated according to the style of the couple. No two weddings here are alike.
Max number of guests: 200
3. El Mas Groc: Nestled within the heart of Catalonia, El Mas Groc is a historical wedding and reception venue with countless details of rustic charm.
Mas Groc is the family farmhouse built and expanded over the centuries from a flour mill established in the year 1532. A yellow house, like the sun, in the heart of the Costa Daurada. It’s just a few kilometres from Reus, another of many modernist jewels of Catalonia, and very close to the beach.
In addition to enjoying a personalized decoration featuring all of the different natural spaces of the house, each with personality, such as the pine forest, the square of mulberry trees, the pool with grass and orange trees, the tent surrounded by fruit trees and winter dining room, and the old store, which retains its original stone walls.
Max number of guests in a wedding: 180
“A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” Mignon McLaughlin
Make sure the start to your story as husband and wife is celebrated at the venue of your dreams. See a full list of Spanish destination wedding venues here.
Contact us to start making your dream wedding a reality.